Top 5 Dash Cams that you can use in 2017: Car Cameras
We have collected and examined all the main dash cams currently on the market and are presenting you with a list of the top 10 best dash cams which you can purchase for your truck or vehicle in 2017. This list however, excludes police dash cams and others that are not intended for regular consumer use.
Atention: “If another driver reverses into your car, you’ll be the one at fault by law.”At least, that’s until you have a Dash Cam!
There are many reasons why people need one of the best dash cams with the most common reasons listed below:
- Recording video in public is legal in most countries and therefore, it’s allowed in court cases as evidence so you don’t have to rely on eyewitnesses etc.
- Some insurance companies take your dash cam into account when providing you with a rate.
- Chance to go viral and make money! If you record something spectacular you’re able to do what you like with it as it’s on a public road in most countries.
- It can scare off thieves or people trying to take advantage of a bad situation.
- Dash Cams enable peace of mind and prove to everyone who the bad driver really was. This can save you money and time.
As you may have realised by now, any car/dash camera will pay for itself in the long run and finally, here are our top 10 picks for the best dash cams in 2017.
BlackVue is the leading brand for high quality dash cameras and it only comes naturally that the DR650S-2CH is placed in our number one spot as the best dash cam of 2016! The ‘2CH’ indicates that it’s a dual camera system with the front recording at 1080P (30fps) and the rear at 720P (30fps) with a wide 129° Field of View and an in-built GPS function. The model also has a BlackVue exclusive ‘Over The Cloud’ feature which allows for remote notifications (iOS & Android connectivity through their App), live streaming, remote video downloading and much more.
- Support for microSD cards up to 128GB
- Dual Front and Rear Facing Cameras
- Built-In Microphone and Speaker
- WiFi Connectivity & Integrated GPS Tracker
- Built-In Battery for Backup Power
- One of the highest rated Dash Cams on the market
- SD Cards may fill up quickly
- Rear camera is not 1080P
This Dash Cam has reached the #2 place due to its superb video quality (day and night), its stealthy unique design and its fantastic features. The SG9665GC V3 is also rated one of the best Dash Cams on the market through many forums and discussion sites.
- Full HD 1080P at 30fps @ 15Mbit/sec
- Sony Exmor IMX322 CMOS Sensor (suburb video quality)
- Perfect for normal drivers and fleet management
- Support for microSD cards up to 256GB
- GPS, WDR, Logger, 135° Field of View
- Small & Compact with strong heat resistance
- GPS module is external, not internal
- Can’t display the GPS information on the video unless you use their Registrator Viewer.
#3 DOD LS470W+
The DOD brand has been in the Dash Cam market for years with many models all offering great features and video quality. The LS470W+ has exceeded our expectations and they focus a lot of effort on perfecting their ‘Enhanced Night Quality’.
- Anti-Reflection with polarized filter and Sony Exmor sensor
- Full HD 1080P at 30fps
- GPS, WDR, Logger, 150° Wide Field of View
- Many different features and options
- Slightly expensive
- SD Card may be tricky for some to remove
If you’re after extremely high video quality, the Opia2 is the leader in this field with the highest Dash Cam resolution to date (2K Ultra-HD 1440p HDR). It has a 4 Mega Pixel CMOS sensor with an Ambarella A12 processor.
- 2K Ultra resolution: 2560 x 1440 at 30fps
- 160° Super Wide Field of View
- Time-lapse and/or motion-detection parking mode
- Capacitor used instead of a battery (more reliable)
- Support for microSD cards up to 128GB
- 2K resolution may be unnecessary for regular use
- Slightly expensive with no built-in GPS
- No WiFi for mobile phones
#5 Viofo A119
This Dash Cam is perfect for any driver in any situation or event! It has all the features which most drivers are looking for with a 1440p video resolution and a very affordable price tag. This is our recommended starting Dash Cam for most drivers. It’s also recommended that you consider the newer Viofo A119 for an upgrade in night vision quality.
- 2K Ultra resolution: 1440P at 30fps & 1080P at 60fps
- Very affordable with most selling for under $100
- Capacitor instead of a battery for high heat resilience and reliability
- Small and compact with microSD support up to 64GB
- Standard features such as loop recording, G-Sensor and motion detection
- Doesn’t support many of the special features of the high grade cameras
- Lower grade sensors compared to the top brands
- Videos blur slightly in some conditions under lower light